Eu-SPRI ECC Conference - Entrepreneurship for societal challenges
Ancona, Italy, 21-23 May 2014
Download the call for paper
Program with papers - (also pdf)
Eu-SPRI Early Career Researcher Conference will take place at Ancona, Università Politecnica delle Marche, Italy, on 21-23 May 2014. The conference offers three days of plenaries, presentations and intense discussions between senior and junior scholars on the state-of-art of entrepreneurship studies especially focusing on the role of entrepreneurship in help solving societal challenges.
The Conference will embrace different forms of entrepreneurship aimed at solving societal challenges (e.g. social entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship aimed at facing environmental issues, entrepreneurship in public administrations or institution) with the objective of providing the locus of debate for scholars and policy makers. The goal is to improve our understanding of the processes behind these forms of entrepreneurship and to inform policy makers on how to support it.
Among the topics worthy of exploration are, by way of example:
- non-profit entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship to solve social problems
- entrepreneurship as source of social innovation
- green entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship tackling environmental issues
- business opportunities driven by societal challenges
- technological and academic entrepreneurship: R&D and technologies to solve societal challenges
- political decisions that foster or hamper entrepreneurial behavior and social entrepreneurship
- multi-level policies to promote entrepreneurship to solve social problems
- institutions and ONGs in support to entrepreneurship
- entrepreneurial behavior in non-profit organizations
- entrepreneurship in public administrations, public services and utilities
- new sources of funding for early entrepreneurial ideas (crowd funding, etc.)
- business angels finance and new type of investors for social entrepreneurship
Audience: The workshop is aimed at a selected group of scholars (25-35 participants). Participation from scholars at the Assistant Professor level, at the post-doc or at early stages of their career is particularly encouraged. PhD candidates at the final stage of their dissertation are also encouraged to attend. Selection will be based upon presentation of a full paper or an extended abstract, as well as a CV (for PhD candidates). A selected group of delegates from companies, policy agencies (e.g. EU Commission, government and government agencies, ...), delegates from ONGs and non-profit organizations will also be invited to participate in order to favor networking and exchange of ideas.
- Dr. Sharon Alvarez - Koch Chair of Entrepreneurship, Management Department, Daniels College of Business
- Jay Bryan Barney - Presidential Professor, Management Department, University of Utah
Sponsors: Eu-SPRI Forum http://www.euspri-forum.eu, Università Politecnica delle Marche, Politecnico di Milano
Organizing Committee: Andrea Bonaccorsi, Massimo G. Colombo, Diego D’Adda, Donato Iacobucci, Cristina Rossi Lamastra
Conference venue: Ancona, Università Politecnica delle Marche, Faculty of Economics (Caserma Villarey), reachable on foot from downtown Ancona.
February 15 March 10, 2014 Deadline for submitting full papers or extended abstract (3000 words) - EXTENDED
March 15, 2014 Notification of acceptance
April 2 April 13, 2014 Confirmation (payment of conference fee)
April 21, 2014 Deadline for final papers submission
May 21-23, 2014 Conference